We are a Club for Amateur Radio enthusiasts
Amateur radio is a popular technical hobby that uses radio frequencies for exchange of messages, wireless experimentation, self-training, and emergency communications. It is the only hobby governed by international treaty. Radio amateurs transmit radio signals on a number of designated frequency bands for various purposes:
- Contacting people all over the world
- Competing in international competitions to test good you are as an operator
- Technical experimentation — many of the leaps forward in radio technology have been initiated by radio amateurs
- Communication through amateur satellites or with the International Space Station
- Providing communications at times of emergencies
See our YouTube videos
We have a number of videos on our YouTube channel:
Training Videos - to help you with Amateur Radio exams:
Talks and Demonstrations - recent ones are:
- Introduction to Digital Radio - Rob G3UGX
- Personal Resilience and Preparedness - Daryl M7EPO
- A beginners' guide to DXing and contesting on VHF and above - Carl M0ICR
- British Army Clansman - Terry G4UEM
Events See all
Club News See all
Return of the RSH Construction Contest
The last Construction Contest took place in 2018. This year we are looking forward to reinstating it.
Old Redding Viewpoint car park open.
You might like to take a look.
Peter Poole G3ENV, Silent Key
New: Members' activity period
Now is the season for on air activity!
Friday meetings restarting
Meetings at Shack restating
News See all
AMSAT-DL Satellite Symposium and General Assembly 2021
Online Saturday 28 August 2021
2021 ARRL & TAPR Digital Communications Conference (DCC)
Assessing your station against ICNIRP EMF levels, by RSGB EMC Chair John Rogers, M0JAV
The work of the RSGB and ARRL experts in assessment of exposure to EM fields.
Emergency communications & amateur radio conference.
TRAINING, TALKS, AND INFORMATION
New RSGB videos – practical skills
Six videos introducing some useful practical skills to help you make the most of your licence