How to Join
We always welcome new members. If you would like to join, please fill out the online application form. When filling in the form you must have a working e-mail address as the system will send you a verification e-mail to test this before processing your application. You will need to click the confirmation link in the verification e-mail to complete the verification.
Acceptance of a membership application is at the discretion of the committee.
Included in the application form are ‘Tick boxes’ which you are invited to complete – but which are optional. These refer to memberships of affiliated organizations, as well as your interests, expertise and trade skills.
Membership Subscription Term
The membership subscription is for a period of one year. Your membership subscription falls due upon joining and thereafter, on the anniversary of your joining the club.
- For members who were members of the club at 1st January 2014 your membership subscription falls due on the first
Current subscription rates
- Full membership: £20, (£18);
- Concessionary memberships (Under 21 or Over 65): £12, (£11);
- Family membership: £30, (£26);
Figures shown in bold apply if paying by Direct Debit
- The Concessionary rate applies to Senior Citizens (65 and over) and those under the age of 21.
- The Family rate applies for two or more members from the same family and living at the same address and is capped at £30 (£26 if paid by Direct Debit).
The club reserves the right to require proof of age where age-related concessions are claimed.
When fees or subscriptions become due the club will issue an invoice to you which will be sent to your e-mail address that you gave with your application. Please ensure that your junk mail settings will allow emails from the following sources to be delivered to your inbox
How to pay
If you are applying for membership, please select the payment option ‘Direct Debit’ If you are already a member, please e-mail the Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating your preferred payment method. The Treasurer will send you a direct debit mandate. The mandate is handled by GoCardless who set up the mandate on your nominated bank account. Your account is protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee
Where members have direct debits, the club will initiate payment 5 days after the invoice date. There is no further action to take unless the invoice is disputed
Members paying the full member rate by direct debit get a 10% discount on membership subscriptions.
Other Payment Methods
When you receive the email notifying you of the invoice, there will be a link within the email to the invoice itself. Click the link to display the invoice. At the top of the invoice are three buttons, one of which is Pay Online. This will present two payment options.
- if you wish to pay by bank transfer then chose the GoCardless option. This will direct you to the payment services provider.
- If you wish to pay by PayPal, then select the PayPal option.
The club only accepts cash and cheque payments in the most exceptional circumstances
Failed payments result in additional charges being levied against the club. These will normally be recharged to the member concerned but this can be waived at the discretion of the Treasurer.
Further Information. Contact the club secretary